So I have been trying to keep myself busy while waiting for baby G. to make their grand entrance into the world. The nursery is all done and ready to go and most of the house has been organized and cleaned. It feels good to have all those things done, but now I am faced with some time on my hands. I have been studying the book of Luke with a Community Bible Study group and that has been great.I love how much detail Luke writes into his book. Matthew and I are also reading through the Psalms most mornings before he leaves for work. Psalms is so rich in emotion (which is something I am dealing with on a daily basis).
Anyway, I decided a week ago to sew an Easter/anytime table runner for our dining room table. I went to Fabric Depot (one of my favorite stores!!!) looking for some easter fabric but didn't find anything I liked or was appropriate. I ended up buying some fabric that reminded me of spring time and just makes me smile when I look at it. I also decided to applique a cross in the middle of the table runner because I think there is a terrible lack of TRUE Easter decor out there for us to purchase. I really like how it turned out and am proud of myself for actually finishing a project in a relatively short amount of time. Here are some pics of the table runner.
My fabric
All cut to various sizes
Sewing on the Cross
What it looked like before I quilted it and bound it
Finished project!!!
2 comments:
That is gorgeous, Rach! Awesome job! Isn't it so weird not knowing when your baby is going to come? It's just all about hurrying up and waiting. : )
It is beautiful!!!! Nice job!
Post a Comment