Well I haven't been very good about getting my picture taken every four weeks like I was doing before. This one was taken at 29 weeks and my next set was taken during our maternity photo session at 35 weeks. I do promise there will be at least one more and if we have to take it in the hospital parking lot, we will :-)
This is a close up of the quilt that my mother-in-law made for baby G.
Moses basket and blank wall where photos will be hung soon!!!
It is funny how there are times in life when you know you are on the verge of huge changes but you either don't allow yourself to think about the changes much or you just focus on the excitement. I remember feeling this way before I married Matthew. I knew that BIG changes were going to take place in my life and not everyday would be marital bliss, but at the time I was focused on wedding plans and all the fun adventures we would have together that I wasn't really nervous.
When you find out you are pregnant, you have nine, almost ten months to wait. It seems like forever, especially when you don't feel the greatest in the beginning. Then I reached the half way milestone and thought I had plenty of time to prepare myself for motherhood. The bedrest definitely helped me slow down and think about what my life would look like in the future. I am glad I had that time to relax, read good books on parenting and especially spend some time at Jesus feet reading His word and praying.
Now, as I sit here typing with baby due anytime, I can't help but be excited. I am so glad that God promises to be with me through everything. Yes, I know there will be many hard days, sleepless nights and days when I feel selfish and just want to be by myself. I also know that most days will be filled with times God will use me to teach my children about His ways. To love on them and play with them. I will get to hear their laughter and listen to their funny words. So ready or not, here I stand on the edge of motherhood knowing that life will drastically change, but change for the better!!!!
Now if I could only bypass the Labor and Delivery part :-)
1 comment:
I actually enjoyed Reagan's labor. I would have this baby for you if I could!! It's all about the epidural!!! ; ) I didn't have any pain delivering her!!!!
Post a Comment