Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's official... I am now a housewife!!!!

I knew this day would come eventually. I just had it down on my calendar as April 1st not February 9th. I guess God decided it was time to have me home. Matthew and I have been praying about me leaving my job a little earlier than I had planned for a couple weeks now. My body just felt way more tired and sore on the days that I worked. We are both grateful that the Lord made this decision a clear one. My doctor yesterday said that it was time to quit and take it easy for the next couple months.

Now you all know how much I enjoy my job and the people I get to work with. I found myself pretty emotional yesterday as I told my charge nurse and boss that I would not be returning to work. It is especially hard to not get a chance to tell everyone goodbye.

With that being said, I am soooooooo excited to be a house wife and soon to be stay at home mommy!!!! The Lord is so good and has blessed us with the ability to do this. I can't wait to look after more of my home and spend more time blessing those I love the most. Our dog and Matthew will be the first to benefit, but Ginger so far isn't all that happy that mommy is home but doesn't want to play all the time :-). I'm sure Matthew will be happy he doesn't have to cook dinner three times a week.

I know the Lord will bless this new season in life and look forward to spending more time with my family and friends!!!

No comments: