Well, my contractions started up again last night. I started timing them around 6pm and called the on call doctor at 7. These contractions didn't feel quite as strong as the ones that hit late Friday- early Saturday so the doctor told me to take a bath and go to bed early. I was also instructed to get an appointment this morning. During the night the contractions slowed down ( praise the Lord!!!). This morning they did an AFP test
(alpha fetal protein test) to see if the baby was getting ready to come in the next couple weeks. Just got those test results back and looks like little Gault will be staying safe and sound inside for a little longer yet ( another praise ). I go back in tomorrow and I will talk with my regular OB about what the future looks like. Most likely they will keep me on some type of bedrest and possibly medication to slow down or stop these "non-productive" contractions.
We praise God that the baby is still happily inside and that at least these contractions aren't doing anything harmful. He knows what is happening and will give us wisdom as the the next step!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment