Summer Adventures Continued...
For our anniversary (August 25th) we headed up to Seattle for a fun weekend away. We were able to visit our friends Jon and Katie and see their new house. My parents also came up for a day and went with us to a Mariner game. 


The night before our anniversary, Matthew and I stayed at a wonderful B&B located in West Seattle. We also ate at some really fantastic restaurants. This picture was taken at Iver's on the Waterfront.
These pictures were taken in West Seattle
Our cute little B&B
My wonderful husband bought me some flowers at the Pike Street Market. Yes I had to put them in my water bottle because I didn't bring a vase.
In August the Gault family headed to Idaho for some fun together white water rafting. We had a blast and would go again in a second. The rapids were mostly class two and three, but we did get in a couple class four rapids which give quite the adrenalin rush.
Now when most people go white water rafting they are in a big raft floating down the river. Not the Gault family. We each had our own individual canoe. You were on your own when it came to navigating the rapids. Of course we paid the big bucks for some experienced guides as well as a chef.
All our gear for the week needed to fit into that orange bag. Clothes, sleeping bag, pillow, Bible, etc...
Our guides for the trip pretty much did everything for us. They set up camp, cooked amazing food, did the dishes, and packed it all up the next morning. Did I mention that the food was AWESOME!!!
Our brother-in-law Jason catching some R&R after a long day on the river.
Mom and Dad Gault
The two best sister-in-laws in the world. Sarah is doing Anna hair. I was next in line and ended up with a French braid which I haven't had since I was really little. It sure was nice having my hair up and out of the way.
The scenery on the trip was so beautiful. God sure made this earth for our enjoyment. We slept in our canoes at night and the stars were incredible. Millions of stars to look at during the night.
In July we headed down to Bandon, OR for our church's family camp. What a fun time!!!
I realize this picture might need an explanation. Our days were filled with fun games and this particular game called for a "King" to hide in the "Castle". The goal was for the other people on your team to protect the King and keep the King dry as water balloon were being shot at the Castle. Needless to say, I played the part of the King and my Castle was this cardboard box.
A little rock wall climbing.
Hannah, Stacey and Rachel having fun watching our men participating in a canoe race.
Tug of War at the beach. This is our good friends Seth and Natalie. There were many different tug of war matches. Seth and Natalie were facing off with another couple.
Married men verses single men. Married men won of course ;-). Matthew is in the tan shorts and red shirt.
Married women verses single women. There was no contest. The married women won in record speed. I'm in the purple fleece.
Sand castle competition. I had a lot of help on this one. We didn't win but we had fun!
From left to right- Kelly and Hannah Couch and Megan and Trevor
Our dear friends Jon and Stacey
Matthew and I had never been down to the Woodburn Tulip festival. We decided to check it out and man was it beautiful.







No comments:
Post a Comment