So Friday night Matthew and I decided that a day trip to the beach would be a nice little getaway. Last week was pretty emotionally draining for me (working downtown with the homeless) and I really needed to get away and relax. We headed to the tiny town of Oceanside. Neither one of us had ever been there before and we were in for a treat. The beach is just beautiful. The tide was out so we did some rock climbing and found two other really great beaches to explore. Of course I took my camera to archive the day's events, but I forgot to charge it up. I was really disappointed it wasn't working :-(.
From Oceanside we headed to the west side of Tillamook bay and had lunch on the beach. We then headed down a little dirt road and walked along the tillamook dike. We had a good little hike. I should also mention that the weather was absolutely fabulous. Not a cloud in the sky and warm. Really warm!!!! I should have taken a short sleeve shirt. I was roasting all day long :-).
Next we headed to the tillamook cheese factory and got some free cheese samples. Then we were off to Cannon Beach to watch the sunset. It was a great day and I am so lucky to have been able to spend it with my best friend, my husband :-)!!!
1 comment:
That sounds wonderful!! Sorry your camera wasn't working.. At least the Lord gives us memories. : )
Post a Comment